How to Add a Link to Your TikTok Bio - Drive Massive Traffic to Your Website!
In today's digital age, TikTok isn't just a trend; it's an advertising tool. In just a span from 2020 to 2023, its worldwide user base soared by 80%, reaching 834.3 million users! So when wielded correctly, TikTok can help drive significant traffic to your website or other social media.
One of TikTok’s most powerful features is its bio link - a clickable URL (for business accounts) that you can include in your profile. This URL can lead users to your chosen landing page, whether it’s your website, a newsletter, or other social media platforms.
If you don’t know how to add a link to your TikTok bio, don’t fret. We'll explain what TikTok's bio link feature is, how to add one and leverage it for maximum success.
What is a TikTok Bio Link?
Ever noticed that clickable link underneath someone's TikTok profile picture?
That's the bio link in action.
Essentially, it's your golden ticket to connect your TikTok audience with your website. This could be your website’s homepage, a landing page promoting an upcoming contest or product launch, social media profiles, and much more.
Since this link connects your TikTok profile to your chosen page, it's a great way to introduce your TikTok fanbase to your other ventures and drive traffic. This is why having a strong, and contextually relevant bio link is a must for any TikTok marketer or content creator.
How to Add a TikTok Bio Link
Now it’s time to explain how to add a TikTok Bio link to your profile.
Just note beforehand:
- You must have a Business account. If not, you’ll need to create and register one.
- You will need at least 1000 followers for the link to be clickable.
- Clickable links on your bio can only be added in the TikTok mobile app, not website.
Follow this simple process to do it:
- Launch the TikTok app and tap on your profile icon at your screen’s bottom right corner. This will take you to your profile page.
- Next, tap on the three lined menu button on your screen’s top right corner.
- From there select ‘Settings and privacy’ > ‘Account’ > ‘Switch to Business Account’ > ‘Next’.
- Follow the proceeding steps to create a business account.
Once you have a business account and at least 1,000 followers, follow these steps to add a link in to your TikTok bio:
- Click on ‘Edit Profile’ on your profile screen.
- Select ‘Add your website’.
- Register your business by filling in TikTok’s requirements.
- Add in your website’s URL link.
- Tap Save.
And you're done!
From now on, anyone viewing your profile can click on the link from TikTok. Feel free to add a link to your website, portfolio page, product or service page, etc, and watch your followers turn into potential customers!
How to Add a Link to Your TikTok Bio (Non-Business Accounts)
Regular TikTok users can add their social links to your TikTok bio, which include Instagram, Youtube and Twitter. However, you’ll need to upgrade to a business account if you wish to add your website link.
Follow these steps to include a social link to your TikTok Bio:
- On your profile, click on ‘Edit Profile’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Social’ section and click on which platform you wish to include as a link.
- After clicking on one, you’ll be sent to its corresponding login page.
- Log in and your social account’s icon will be automatically linked to your TikTok profile.
How to Add Multiple Links to Your TikTok Bio
Did you know you can add multiple links to your TikTok bio? This is a great way to direct people from your profile to all of your channels like your website and Instagram page. While TikTok's in-built features only lets you add a single link, you can use third-party Bio tools like Linktree.to add multiple.
To use Linktree, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a free account using your email address.
- Choose a unique username, which will be used as part of your Linktree URL (e.g., linktr.ee/yourusername).
- Once logged in, click on "Add New Link" to input all destination URLs. This can include your website, portfolio, and any other unique landing pages. Each link you add will appear as a separate button on your Linktree page.
- Customise your Linktree page to match your brand's aesthetic i.e include your logo or brand’s colour scheme. You can use Linktree's themes and colours to achieve this.
- Finally copy and paste your Linktree URL into your TikTok's bio. Users who click on this link will be navigated to the platform, where they'll find a list of all your other links.
With Linktree, you can now easily direct people from TikTok to all other channels with just one click. This is highly effective in maximising the potential of each and every bio link!
How to Remove a Link from Your TikTok Bio
Looking to change up your TikTok bio link? Here's how to remove the old one:
- Go to your profile page and select 'Edit Profile'.
- Scroll down and press on the existing link URL.
- If you want to remove the link entirely, simply delete the URL from the "Website" or "Social" section. To replace it with a different link, delete the current URL and paste the new one or log in to a different social media account.
- Save changes by tapping "Save".
Why Can’t I Add a Link to My TikTok Bio?
If you've got a business but still can't add a link in your bio, you could be experiencing one of many common issues:
- You're not on your phone: If you're accessing TikTok from the web version, you won't be able to add a link. Make sure that you're accessing the app through your mobile device.
- You don’t have a business account: You’ll need to register your business to add a link in bio.
- It hasn't been enabled: While most Business accounts are enabled to include a clickable website link in their bio, some that may not be. Reach out to TikTok's customer support to help resolve the issue.
- You need at least 1,000 followers: Unfortunately, only TikTok accounts with at least 1,000 followers or more can include a link in their bio. Consider running a promotional campaign to help you reach that target quickly!
What Types of Links for Your TikTok Bio
As insinuated above, TikTok is pretty flexible when it comes to adding links to your bio.Below are the most common links you can add to your bio.
- A Website Link or Blog: A must-have for businesses who want to drive traffic to their website or blog. It could be an informative page about your company, ecommerce store or any other relevant page.
- Social Links: Does your organic content go above and beyond TikTok? If so, make sure to link your other social media profiles i.e Instagram or Youtube to your bio. Your brand will gain more exposure being across multiple platforms.
- Dedicated Landing Page: Looking to drive traffic to a specific product you sell or a special event you're hosting? Get people to your target page with a specific landing page link.
- Online Shop: Link to your online shop directly from your bio, whether it's on your website or a dedicated marketplace like Amazon. It's an easy way to introduce and lead people to what you sell.
- Music or Sound Platforms: If you post a piece of content about your latest music or sound releases, try including a link to your portfolio. Platforms such as SoundCloud, Apple Music and Spotify can be easily linked to your bio.
- Portfolio or Creative Work: Similarly to musicians, anyone who creates creative content can link to their portfolio or a specific project. This could be your personal website, art gallery, or store page, etc.
Why You Need a TikTok Link in Your Bio
TikTok is a content creator's dream, allowing users to easily create and share short-form videos. But if your goals go beyond simply sharing content, you’ll need to show your followers - they won’t know by themselves. With a link in your TikTok bio, they can quickly access your commerce store or other relevant page.
Let's go through the primary reasons why most businesses and content creators need a TikTok link in their bio:
- Leads Traffic to Your Other Forms of Content
TikTok content creators and advertisers often use their links to direct users to their other platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, blog, portfolio, or even affiliate links. It takes advantage of TikTok’s massive platform and your current fanbase to create even more reach for your other content.
- Increase Sales
If you create content for an online shop, adding a link in your TikTok bio can help lead new visitors to your page. This isn't limited to E-commerce Brands selling their product, but also to company newsletter subscription forms, donation links, app installations or even webinar signups.
- Encourages User Collaborations
Businesses and content creators often collaborate on TikTok to benefit from each other's reach and fanbase. For example, Starbucks partners up with content creators to create UGC (user-generated content) to tell stories and promote their products.
When advertisers include a link in their profile, other businesses and content creators can easily find and reach out to inquire about potential sponsorships, collaborations and partnerships.
- Helps to Promote Upcoming Events and Projects
Adding a link to your TikTok bio helps to build hype, anticipation and excitement. Whether you're launching a new product, hosting an online event or simply promoting someone else's work, adding a TikTok bio link helps to generate more interest and curiosity.
- Supports Charitable and Social Causes
Your TikTok videos might resonate emotionally with your audience, but how can they support the cause? By placing a direct link to your bio, you help viewers to discover and donate to their preferred charity or foundation.
Additionally, by including a bio link and actively taking action, it also encourages them to do the same. This can help create an even stronger bond with your viewers who will see you as more than just someone providing entertainment.
For more on TikTok's features, explore Magicbrief's TikTok guide on pinned videos to enhance your content strategy and stay ahead of your competitors.
Measuring Your TikTok Bio Link's Impact Through Analytics
Your TikTok bio link is live and kicking, but how do you know how many clicks it's getting? As the adage goes, "If you can't measure it, you can't improve it." So, without tracking your link's performance, it's difficult to uncover the best strategies to drive more clicks.
Fortunately, you can track your link’s performance and gain insights into how users interact with it. Follow these tips to measure the success of your bio link:
Incorporate UTM Parameters: Think of these tags as special labels for a URL. If you share a link on TikTok and someone clicks it, these labels tell you it came from TikTok. Imagine you share a link for a summer sale across Tiktok, Facebook and Instagram. By checking these labels, you can see which platform brought the most visitors. If most came from TikTok, you know your TikTok bio link is effective.
Optimise Engagement with Tailored Landing Pages: If your TikTok audience isn't resonating with your website's homepage, you can create a dedicated landing page that’s tailored to your TikTok audience. This way, you can measure the performance of each link across all your social media accounts separately.
Use a URL shortener: Tools like Bitly not only allow you to create cleaner, shorter URLs but also provide analytics on click-through rates, geographic locations of the audience, and more.
Check engagement levels: Has your landing page content seen a sudden surge in likes or comments? This could mean that your bio link is resonating with your audience. Measure the landing page conversion rate of your followers to determine the effectiveness of your bio link.
Measure conversions: If your objective is to drive sales, sign-ups, or any other action, you need an analytics tool i.e. Google Analytics to track these goals, and tell you the conversion’s originating source.
Feedback and Surveys: Has your landing page i.e Instagram, Facebook, YouTube seen an increase in organic traffic from TikTok? Drop a quick post asking your followers how they found you. If a big chunk is from TikTok, it indicates your bio link is working. If your landing page is a website, you can incorporate a pop-up survey or feedback form to get more insights.
Finally, if you think your bio link isn't working, don't be afraid to switch it up. Try a variety of links to different pages to see which one attracts the most TikTok clicks. You can do this bi-weekly monthly to see which landing page your followers like best.
TikTok Bio Link Examples for Personal Branding and More
Not sure what type of link to put in your TikTok bio? Here are a few ideas from brands and influencers:
- Charli D'Amelio Strategic Soundtrack Promotion
Charli D'Amelio is known for her TikTok dance videos, so she uses her bio link to promote other avenues of her work. In this example, her link leads to a landing page promoting her song "If You Ask Me To." By utilising her massive fan base, Charli can more effectively introduce her music to the world.
- GymShark Shopper Homepage
GymShark is known for their activewear apparel, featuring fitness influencers as their ambassadors. Their bio link leads to their website’s homepage, allowing male and female shoppers to quickly find and purchase GymShark apparel. It's a straightforward and efficient way to get their TikTok followers to browse their online shop.
- Chipotle School Supplies Contest
Chipotle have recently used their bio link to run a school supplies contest. The landing page explains that schools must nominate a teacher to receive free school supplies. In this TikTok bio link example, we can see that their submission process is closed and they're looking for the winner. It’s a great way to give back and boost their brand’s reputation.
- Washington Post Internship Opportunity
The Washington Post used their TikTok bio link to advertise their summer classes for internships. They include the application expiration date and the classes' open dates, allowing interested students to apply quickly and conveniently.
- Spencer X Contact Information
Spencer X is a professional beatboxer. He uses his link to feature his gmail business account, where he manages his bookings and contact info. By providing this information via a link, viewers know exactly how to get in contact with him.
Boost Your TikTok Strategy with Magicbrief
If you're advertising on TikTok, a great strategy is to study your competitor's content and learn from their success. Magicbrief is a platform designed to help you do just that.
With our Chrome extension, you can quickly save ads from TikTok Control Centre, Instagram and Facebook into our ad library. Build collections, analyse your competitor's campaigns and use our Storyboard and Brief feature to curate your own ads. By finding what works best, you can learn and apply the same strategies to your own campaigns.
Register today and utilise MagicBriefs features for free to help you get ahead of the curve!
The TikTok bio link is more than just a clickable URL; it's a gateway to expanding your reach, enhancing engagement, and achieving your online objectives and business goals. For every content creator and advertiser, it's a small feature with significant impact!
Just ensure to get a business account, have a follower count of 1,000 and you're good to go. And once you've included your featured link, begin to track your traffic and performance metrics to identify how effective your bio link is for you. Good luck!