2 Super Easy Ways to Download Ads from Facebook
Looking to improve your success on Facebook Ads?
Then you may want to try peeking at your competitors' ad campaigns. When you learn what works, it's easy to replicate those components for your own business. And who knows? With the right tweaks, you might even surpass their performance - now, who's outshining whom?!
But before you go gung-ho on the idea, you’ll need to know how to download ads from Facebook. Once you do, you can begin organising and comparing your competitors’ campaigns – all without switching between tabs.
In this article, we’ll break down why and how to download ads from Facebook.
Why Download Ads Anyway?
Before you start downloading ads, it’s important to know why. After all, you're investing time and effort into this endeavour, so what’s the payoff?
Here are some of the biggest benefits:
- Learn what works - Whether you're new to advertising or a seasoned pro, you can always learn something new. By downloading and studying competitors’ ad campaigns, you can find out what works and apply it to your own.
- Streamline process - Analysing ads is easier when you don't have to toggle between tabs or platforms to see them. With all the information in one place, it's easy to do side-by-side comparisons of different campaigns.
- Keep tabs on competitors - Besides learning from your competition, you can also see what they’re up to. Has their ad creative shifted over the past few months? What about their target audience? By downloading ads, you can see any new trends they’re setting.
- Create similar campaigns - Last but not least, you can use your competitors’ ad campaigns as templates for creating similar ads. Once downloaded, you can send them off to your video editor or designer and give them a creative twist.
How to Download Ads from Facebook
Before you can download Facebook ads, you'll need to access the Facebook Ad Library to find them. It's only then you can begin exploring different campaigns and downloading them.
The Facebook Ad Library stores all active ads across all of the platform’s apps and services from businesses world-wide. For digital marketers, it's a goldmine of ideas, strategies and tactics to learn from.
How to Find Ads Using the Facebook Ad Library.
- Open the Facebook Ad Library.
- Under 'Search Ads', select the country, type of ad and any industry relevant keywords. In this case, we'll use coffee for our keyword.
- You'll then receive a list of advertisers related to the keyword you've chosen.
- Either select one or press enter to go straight to the search results.
- You'll then have a comprehensive list of ad campaigns related to the keyword.
Now that you know how to find Facebook ads, let’s explain the primary methods for downloading Facebook ads.
Method 1 - Download Ads with The MagicBrief Chrome Extension
For serious digital advertisers looking to gain the edge, analysing multiple top-performing ads is a must. When you find commonalities between ads, you can build on them and develop better strategies. That's why it helps to have one central place to download them all.
The MagicBrief Chrome Extension allows you to download ads with a single click. It also lets you download ads from TikTok and Instagram, giving you a comprehensive overview of all your digital campaigns.
Here's how to do it:
- Register for a free MagicBrief account.
- After logging in, download the MagicBrief Chrome extension.
- Go to the Facebook Ad Library and find the ads you want to download.
- Click on the MagicBrief logo 'Save to My Ads'.
- Go back to MagicBrief and access your ad library or collection folder, located on the left sidebar.
- You’ll now have access to all of your downloaded Facebook ads. These can be organised by brand, platform, industry format and more to make searching easier.
How to Save Facebook Ads from Magicbrief into Your Device
You can also download Facebook ads directly from MagicBrief onto your device. Here’s how:
- Navigate to your MagicBrief ads or collections folder.
- Click on the ad's heading to open its page.
- On the ads detail page, click on 'Download media'
- If it’s a video, click on the three dots on the following page and select 'Download'
- The ad will be downloaded to your device.
How to Download Ads from The Facebook Ad Library
You can also download Facebook ads directly from its Ad Library.
- Navigate to the Facebook Ad Library and specify your search criteria.
- Choose the Facebook ad you wish to download.
- Click on the video ad to play and right click.
- Select 'Save video as' and save the ad to your device.
- Your Facebook ad is now downloaded on your device for you to analyse and use.
Which Facebook Download Method is Right for You?
Both methods above are viable for downloading Facebook ads - so which is better?
While downloading ads directly from the Ad Library is simple and straightforward, it doesn't offer as much flexibility.
Here are the primary reasons why MagicBrief stands head and shoulders above the rest:
Multi-platform downloader: Why limit ad campaigns analysis to Facebook when you can use multiple? MagicBrief lets you search and download Facebook, TikTok and Instagram ads!
One-Click Download: Magicbrief's Chrome extension lets you download ads in one click. It's more convenient than having to right-click and save each ad manually.
Organisation: MagicBrief users can easily organise ads into folders, collections and projects for rapid access. Ads can be categorised by industry, target audience, format or any other criteria.
Intuitive User Interface: MagicBrief's interface is easy to use, making it ideal for businesses who aren't tech-savvy. Simply navigate to the MagicBrief add library to start your analysis.
Powerful Features: Beyond just our library, MagicBrief's storyboard and brief features enable you to quickly curate and create compelling creative ideas. You'll gain a clearer understanding of how to reach your target audience more effectively.
To sum things up, while there are multiple extensions and tools available for downloading Facebook ads, MagicBrief's all-in-one system makes you make the most of your time, effort and money. Get started today and discover the power of MagicBrief!
Tips for Downloading Facebook Ads
Looking to download Facebook Ads that can actually help your business? Here are some tips to help you along the way.
- Be Industry-Specific: Ad creative, messaging and targeting is often dictated by industry. For example, bakery ads generally have a different vibe and tone than finance ads. To really understand what works for your industry, focus on ads that are tailored to it.
- Analyse direct competitors: While it's tempting to focus on the major industry players, ask yourself if they truly align with your competition. For small businesses, you may want to concentrate on ads from peers of a similar size, as these will likely be more applicable to your context.
- Check their performance: You're setting yourself up for failure if you're downloading poorly-performing ads. The goal is to understand why their ad succeeded, so ensure to check the ad's user engagement metrics i.e. likes, comments and shares before you download.
- Download ads regularly: New trends emerge constantly, and it's easy to miss out on them. As such, try staying ahead of the curve by regularly downloading and reviewing new ads.
By following these tips, you can find ad inspiration that resonates with your target audience and significantly increase your chances for successful campaigns!
Now that you know how to download Facebook ads, it's time to start executing! Analyse your competitor's ad creative and begin running experiments. Check their copy, images, CTAs and audience engagement - even the smallest tweak could make a big impact on your success!
Finally, don't be afraid to get creative and try something new. While drawing inspiration from competitor ads is great, try implementing original ad ideas that will make your campaigns stand out. That's how new trends are created, so it pays off to occasionally take risks and see what works best for you.
Best of luck!